A possible other definition - a "season" is defined by number of
continuous months skied. If this total is greater than 12,
a) you are a lucky dratsab
b)count new years on sept 1st.

but if you aren't skiing every month of the year, i think a season
should be defined in terms of continuous months skied. So if you can
keep this streak going (every month) into the winter, it should count
for next season, otherwise it goes toward last season.