I spoke with Becky Brockway this morning and she told me that she is not even sure if the fee increase passed.  She said that the fee we send to the state right now is still a total of $3.00. $1.00 to the state and $2.00 for the spay neuter program.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Lyndon Town Clerk
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: Dog Licenses

Lyndon has been charging $3 since July 1st and we just ordered the new license and fee poster from VLCT which as the new rates on it.  We received a call from VLCT this morning explaining that the July 1st date as printed in the Legislative Wrap-up was incorrect, that this fee increase doesn't go into effective until April 1st of 2009.  If you want to see it for yourself, it's in Act 153, all of which is effective 7/1/08, except for the increase in the surcharge.  It makes no sense that this law, meant to increase funding for the VNSIP program, takes effect after the majority of the dogs in the State are licensed.

We too have already sent in our money to the State, amounting in an $18 overpayment.  If anyone from the treasurers' office is reading, please keep the $18 and apply it toward the VNSIP program.  I don't really think that those 18 people expect us to refund their money.

Thanks to VLCT for calling this morning and straightening this out.  If you ever wanted to know if the clerks read the Legislative Wrap-up, well,here's proof that we do indeed.

Lisa Barrett
Town of Lyndon