One of my favorite places to look for ducks is the Sandbar Access at the
Sandbar State Park. Yesterday afternoon, for example, I counted 32 Wood Ducks,
10 GW Teal, 10 Mallards, 5 American Black Ducks, and 1 Canada Goose there.
Also,  I spotted a Great Blue Heron as well as a small (5) flock of  Yellow-rumped
Warblers flitting through the trees along the shoreline. Later in  the season
other migratory ducks will drop in until the ice  discourages them.

The parking lot for the access is located on the right if you are  traveling
north on route 2, just before you reach the causeway. Look for the VT.  Fish
and Wildlife Dept. sign.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington