Jim, are you aware of the area you can reach if you turn on Slang?
About 1/4 of a mile down, Slang crosses water, and there's a parking
pull-off just beyond.  Then continue until Slang dead-ends, and turn
right.  That leads down to a dam or sluiceway and about 1/3 mile of
gravel road along the edge of the water.  It's a delightful place to
watch herons, especially.

Carol Scott