I was coming from the Brilyea access Rd. to Dead Creek and heading east on
Rte. 17. I pulled into the first entrance that I came to in the Goose viewing
area parking lot. I drove past the corn field on my right and parked after the
2nd white sign beyond the corn field. I looked across Rte. 17 toward the north
into a field of grass that was about 8" tall. This field was recently decorated
with the use of a manure spreader. I spotted 13 American Golden-Plovers
there. Eight adults showing much of their breeding plumage still, but certainly
molting into non breeding. Five juveniles (one of them looked very golden).
The group either got spooked or simply decided to leave and were heading
northwest when I last saw them.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead