Hello All,

Four of us (Jim Osborn, Craig Provost, Heidi Rich and myself) decided to go to
the Goose viewing area parking lot in Addison to try and get a look at the
American Golden-Plovers that I had seen yesterday. We were able to spot 6
Golden-Plovers (2 adults & 4 juveniles). While we were trying to find out if
there may have been any more, Craig spotted a Buff-breasted Sandpiper in
the grass near the Plovers at 11:10 a.m. The field that they were in has grass
tall enough to hide these birds, so panning the field deliberately is a must.
(Directions to this field are in my posting from yesterday). We then went to a
field/pasture on Atherton Rd. and found 23 Killdeer on the west end of it. After
a while we headed toward home. Craig & Heidi then met up with Ted Murin at
the Charlotte Town Beach and the three of them decided to go back to the
Goose viewing parking lot. I called Craig around 4:00 p.m. to ask him what
thay had found there. He told me that the Golden-Plovers and the Buffy were
no longer there. Then while I was typing this posting, I received an update
call from Craig at 7:20 p.m. It turns out that Craig, Heidi, Ted, and Larry &
Jane Haugh had relocated the group in the same field/pasture previously
mentioned on Atherton Rd. They saw 7 American Golden-Plovers and the Buff-
breasted Sandpiper there. To get to this field, head west on Rt. 17 from the
Goose viewing area. Take a right onto Jersey Street. Then take a left onto
Atherton Rd. You should see some cows on the left side of the road in a
field/pasture. Go to the west end of that area and look for the birds there.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead