My thanks to those of you who posted info on when/where to find the Bristol
sandhill crane family ..

We found the 2 parents and 2 young cranes as described, in the field east of
the Monkton Road -- just north of the aqua-painted dairy barn and south of
the lake access -- around 4pm Saturday (A harrier hunted nearby).

The field had been spread with manure that morning, but the cranes didn't
seem to mind -- perhaps corn in the manure was sought out.

If I hadn't been aware of their existence, casually spotting them along a
Vermont roadside would have made my head spin!

Kathy Leonard
Randolph Center