I wish I'd paid more attention to recent posts about hummingbirds.... Sorry... (jewel-weed blossoms are my feeders, and as those blossoms have gone by, so have the hummingbirds moved on...)

Anyway, a friend called me tonight, worried about a lone hummingbird that appeared at her feeder a few days ago after wicked hurricane-remnant winds buffeted Enosburgh. It appears, though, that this lone bird is still here after several days, and my friend is a bit worried. We agreed that it isn't an option for her to capture the bird and drive it 200 miles south!!!!

What advice should I give her? Should she take her feeders in completely (more than just at night?). Advice is appreciated, though if it means rehashing information already posted, feel free to reply off-list....

Thank you!
Charlotte Bill
Enosburgh, Vermont