I'll forward this as I just sent it to a friend who was chuckling with me. Add to it, I have a BA in zoology (for what thatís worth), I've helped with various faunal surveys and have had a huge interest in nature since childhood (which was spent in the hills of Petersburgh NY). I am very familiar with local wildlife and while not perfect, don't call an Osprey a Bald Eagle just because itís a large bird flying over a lake. I know things like this need to be questioned and not just accepted (or Bigfoot would be in the Mammals of N.A.). I am prepared to describe what I saw and believe that is what they were. Just passing on the info. Have at me, I can laugh too. I only make reference to the questioning because it can sometimes seem nasty. Kevin

Yes, I always wanted to be a Cryptozoologist. It is possible on the releases. What struck me on these is that while not kittens they were not fully grown. I got the impression they were play chasing. If this is so it would indicate breeding not just presence. It should be easier to find a breeding site as opposed to a lone adult with a huge home territory. And so you know I have seen Fishers up there near and far, both local species of foxes, and bobcats in the wild and new them instantly. I had good, close up profile views of these. They were back lit as it was early, the sun was low and behind them and so the color appeared uniform and about the shade of a Hershey bar. They were cats not weasels or canines. Had long tails and were sleek and as tall as my knees roughly. If not Mt. Lions (which granted I have never seen in the wild) they had to be released somethings of uniform color. They did not look my way so I didn't have facial views at all. I wouldn't make a call on something like this unless I were sure in my head. Like I said in my post I am now confident that there are Mt. Lions in Vt. from whatever source. I looked for tracks but the ground in that area was too firm. I didn't linger though as there was one to either side of me and I didn't want a potentially protective mother to view me as a threat. On to Scotland and Lochness! Kevin