Good morning:

I have just returned from a good migrant show at Red Rocks Park in
South Burlington.  Highlights:  15 species of warblers including a
vagrant YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER and a Bay-breasted Warbler.

Northern Parula (1)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (1)
Magnolia Warbler (10-15)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (7)
Blackburnian Warbler (2)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (1)
Black-throated Green Warbler (8-10)
Pine Warbler (4)
Bay-breasted Warbler (1)
Blackpoll Warbler (2)
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER (1) probably albilora subspecies
Black-and-White Warbler (2)
American Redstart (2)
Ovenbird (3-4)
Common Yellowthroat (2)

Other species including:  Red-eyed Vireo, House Wren

The main concentration of warblers including the YELLOW-THROATED was
in an area of mixed woods to the north of the pumping station
overlook.  You reach this area by following the dirt entrance road
bearing slightly left and downhill about 50 yds past the entrance
gate.  Keep following this road for 1/10 mile or so until you see a
wider gravel parking area with a small viewing platform overlooking
Shelburne Bay, with the pumping station just below.  As you face the
lake the warbler area is on your right.  Several trails enter this
area of dense, mixed woods, and it is often alive with migrants on
fall days with favorable weather, such as today!  I first located the
bird about 50 yds into the woods, near a trail intersection, and later
saw it a second time about 50 yds back up the road from the overlook.
I will post a detailed description of this bird here later today, but
right now family duty calls!

Scott Morrical
South Burlington