Yesterday I went for a ride up Rt22a to Dead Creek looking for hawks migrating
and anything else(birds) I might find. Best surprise of the day was two
Wilson's Snipes and 3 Pied-billed Grebes.
List for the day:
at East Creek WMA in Orwell:
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Pied-billed Grebe  3    1 adult   2 juveniles
Cedar Waxwings  9++ mixed flock of adults and juvs
Northern Harrier  1 gray male
Kestrel  2
Great Blue Heron 1
Eastern Wood Pewee  1

Richville Rd:
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1  being chased by Blue Jays
Turrkey Volture 7 kettling
Wood Duck  1
GBH  1
and many many butterflies in a field clover

Rt22a just south of Bridport, white farm on right side of rt22 north bound:
Killdeer  9
Wilson's Snipe  2  have photos will post later with others
Solitary Sandpiper  1 on opposite side of road from snipes and killdeer, same
brook

Nortontown Road over the Dead Creek:
Osprey  1
GBH  1
Common Yellowthroated Warbler 1

Dead Creek:    water is high,  not so good for shore birds
Green Heron  1
Savannah Sparrow  1
Northern Harrier  1 female
Mallards  6