To get to this location, head west on Panton Rd. (from Rte. 22A in
Vergennes). When you reach Slang Rd. (which is on the left) go another .4 of
a mile and park on the right side of the road just past the guard rails. This is
the same side of the road where I saw the following birds (in the marshy area
which is part of Dead Creek):

1 Pied-billed Grebe (non breeding adult)
1 Great Blue Heron
1 Great Egret
2 Wood Duck (1m,1f)
8 Green-winged Teal
1 Northern Harrier (juv.)
1 Sora (adult)
6 Common Moorhen (2 adult, 4 juv.)
4 Lesser Yellowlegs
2 Spotted Sandpiper

I would not recommend trying to view the marshy area from the road. There is
no room to stand because the guard rails are too close to the road. The
traffic there can be quite fast as well.
I had to bushwhack my way to get to the water's edge and this is what I did:
Look north of the parking area for a fence with a strand of barbed wire along
its' top. Follow this fence about 50-60' and look for a tree down toward the
water with greenish/yellow bark at its' base. Head down and past that tree to
view the marshy area. It is a short but steep descent to the water's edge, so
it should be taken carefully...

Shelburne Bay (at dusk):

2 American Wigeon (pointed out to me and spotted by Jim Osborn)

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead