The anti-chrusch goes off, and then sez:

> We're talking about a VP candidate with less experience than Obama, who is
> supposed to be ready to take over for McCain; McCain has a ~14% chance of
> dying during his term, based on Social Security actuarial tables, with an
> addition 3% - 5% chance of being incapacitated and unable to carry out his
> duties. Those figures are based on someone of his age being in average
> health. However, for McCain's specific cancer, textbooks cite 10-year
> survival figures of about 60 percent to 70 percent. That was in 2000. That
> prediction means he has a 30-40% chance of dying from cancer by 2010.

Jeez Marc (obviously resetting his doomsday clock) , did you forget all
about that old saw "lies, damned lies, and statistics" too?

Required reading for skivt-l voters:

Simply put, this is the best analysis on what I'll term the 'chrusch
syndrome' that I've read in a long time:

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=764724

<g> Still smiling,
Leigh