Everybody who voted no is up for reelection.  All representatives are up for re-election every two years.  Everybody who voted yes is also up for election.  I'm sure politics plays a part in this, and here's an interesting map of who voted yes or no, related to their vulnerability in the upcoming election.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/09/29/business/20080929-CONGRESS-VOTE-GRAPHIC.html
- Patrick

----- Original Message ----
From: James Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:55:34 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] OT, More Droning, Sub Prime Lending Revelation

Another point brought out by an analyst on the news was that most, if not all, of the members voting no are up for re-election.  The ones that aren't all voted yes.  I guess we are supposed to draw our own conclusions like they would think it suicide to vote yes on something that seems so excessive and no one really knows how it will work out anyway.  Jimski