-------- Forwarded Message --------
Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium

We're taking a close look at cycles of change this month. Transition is
as much a part of the air as the sound of migrating geese and the smell
of apple pie, and it's what we're exploring. We're always interested in
hearing from you about the changes you've observed that signal a new
season. Let us know how you track change when you visit us at the Museum.

*Upcoming Events*
Felting with Amanda Weisenfled <#LETTER.BLOCK6>
Climate Change Training Workshop <#LETTER.BLOCK7>
Halloween Beasts and Treats <#LETTER.BLOCK8>
Victorian Holiday <#LETTER.BLOCK9>

*Felting Workshop*
 *Amanda Weisenfeld*
ccbackpack
Saturday, October 25
9:00AM - noon
Just in time for the gift-giving season ... Amanda Weisenfeld introduces
us to her world of gnomes,  ravens, red foxes and the spiritual feeling
of the natural world.  A founding member of the Northeast Kingdom
Artisans Guild in St. Johnsbury, where her colorful, playful felt
creations can be found, she has been felting for the past 17 years. Let
your holiday traditions begin by creating an adorable felted creature.

Find out more
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001008_BvF6xmEOHTRxzP7YezalofwO6bfar5B8-2XQXxUt1tZZjtZfFRIBW92fwEm2FVtcM7Wui00nLFndwl9b7ew435VQg5sTyp0zWl3uTmUkOp98RREwxasH-hTNMaWaDqQsh211P8c6dR8oPesdTuZKpKS_cB-LJGL5F_s9D_eoYL4dFbk8GWxgYf4v9epCMwwcK_BtNFLJWL7NBIY5nQ==>
about this workshop.

*Climate Change*
ccbackpack *Backpack Training*

Saturday, November 8
9:00AM - 3:30PM
The question of climate change might not be simple to answer, but the
Climate Change Backpack is a teaching tool being offered by the
Northeast Science Center Collaborative with the aim of making it easy
for teachers on the go to educate kids about climate change anywhere it
suits their needs... The backpack contains things like historical
graphs, lab experiments, a play about climate change that kids can put
on in school, an imitation ice core, and a compact fluorescent light
bulb, just to name a few. So far it's not just teachers across the
Northeast that are using this tool, it's also in use in over 120
National Parks in the United States.

Learn more
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001008_BvF6xmG5nlUaojx6STZvG1pS8qUp6y6y7gf3I7MtJs_9ndwCOmi2Tk3p0gIH7kg3CAeyxP8DKFawbZXjEVOPl1wrNROxxkhvL9GJ3psQuKB_NW40Ft6DrSGmdchXruxoSPN88FTUwLEZNGsg3jr8D70B54Pxl8_3_-aXDqh2OQdLx6tqMJnApbb1DNZAl7VL1QK_96A=>
about this program and contact Tara Holt ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to register

*Bats and Beasts and Treats!*
 *Bat Houses Exhibit*
ccbackpack
 Friday, October 31
4:00 - 6:00PM
The Fairbanks Museum is open for bats -- and all beasts -- from 4:00 -
6:00 p.m. on Halloween! We're celebrating the opening of a new special
exhibit in the Museum's upper balcony that shines light into the
darkness of bat caves by encouraging all costumed beasts to ramble,
slink, flutter, or slither through the Museum! Come face to face with
bears and birds dressed to impress. You'll leave with a treat from the
Museum and an unforgettable Halloween experience!

Free and open to the public

*Victorian Holiday Open House*
 *Deck the Halls! *

Saturday, December 13
Ring in the holiday season with this festive tradition -- starting at
1:00, you can help decorate the elegant lions in front of the Museum.
Then work on making ornaments, gifts, garlands and more ... while
holiday music and goodies bring in good cheer. Take an early peek
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001008_BvF6xmGjzOq2a2Z3BjGKTSm5Y7bvzwAwB_SxtVvtW2J4Pa7iGErjWaqGFh1f7q8WFeriPK4qcM-2Is1YhJ-kNVp8hXRxwJ765lfnX_aiHf_v30isQSM7mWs8ZNP8zS7ui73TjHV1oXdOzDAh4MaB9oEB8anR6Ina9DS-wevAzhkmN9nCtfIRjsyolsK0Kz2LhSXSLY9Syp9t7j38Tg==>
at what we're planning ...
Free and open to the pubic.

St. Johnsbury shines in Victorian splendor during this community-wide
Holiday event!

*Great Getaways Raffle*
Let your exploration lead you to new horizons! We're offering fabulous
ways to change the ways you see the world through the Fairbanks Museum
Great Getaways Raffle! You could find yourself at:

    * The Old Tavern at Grafton, VT (overnight for 2 with breakfast)
    * The Inn at Essex - Vermont's Culinary Resort (2 nights for 2, with
      meal)
    * Topnotch Resort & Spa, Stowe (2 nights for 2 in deluxe accommodation)
    * Create your own getaway with an Otter XT Kayak (and paddle)
      courtesy of East Burke Sports

*
Single Getaway: $5*
*5-pack: $20*
*
*Call 802-748-2372 or stop by to enter and start planning your getaway!
**

1302 Main Street
St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819
802-748-2372

Are you a Museum member? Join us as we explore the nature of our world ...

---End Forwarded Message--