Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProChiristian-kun, Thank you for your response. I will let you know more information about the activity soon. What time do we have to start? Is it okay to start after 051 class (7:00 or a little later)? Corson -- Mutsumi Corson Director, Japanese Program The Department of Asian Languages and Literatures The University of Vermont 479 Main Street Burlington, Vermont 05405 phone: 802-656-1117 fax:   802-656-8472 email:  0000,0000,EEEE[log in to unmask] On Oct 10, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Christian John Barron wrote: Hi Sensei, The spot is still open, I'll put Japanese House in it. Thank you so much for getting back to me. As soon as you know what activity Japanese House would like to do, and the location, please e-mail me!!! Well, I have to go study for the Japanese Mid-Term (Ganbatte!) Have a good weekend Sensei, -Christian Quoting Mutsumi Corson <<[log in to unmask]>: Hi Christian-kun, Is the spot Oct. 29th still open? Please let me know. If it is still open, the Japanese House wants to do something. Have a good weekend. Corson .... Mutsumi Corson Director, Japanese Program Department of Asian Languages and Literatures University of Vermont 479 Main Street Burlington, Vermont 05405 Phone: 802-656-1117 Fax: 802-656-8472 Email: [log in to unmask] Christian John Barron wrote: Hey PDs and Advisers, I just wanted to thank everyone for getting back to me, however, I still need yet more of your help. The Wednesday Night Gathering calendar is almost complete, I'm just missing a few pieces of info. The current schedule is as follows; Oct 8 - Chinese House "Let's play games from China" in B-132 Oct 15 - L.A.C.P with "Top Chef" location TBA Oct 22 - Tea House with "Tea Chai Off!" location TBA Oct 29 - OPEN (needs to be claimed ASAP) Nov 5 - German House, activity and location TBA Nov 12 - Caribbean House, activity and location TBA Nov 19 - Africa House, activity and location TBA Dec 3 - Casa Italiana with "Italian Coffee Bar/ Study Cafe" in the FPL Oct 29 is the last remaining spot for the semester, and it would be great if one of the remaining programs filled it. If I haven't received info on your activity/theme or location, please e-mail me as soon as possible. Sarah and I would like to make a finished calendar of events as soon as we can. Also, each program is responsible for making their own posters (you should also put them up on Thursday before your event, after the previous WNG). Moving on to the Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner This event is taking place on Oct 13 at 6:00pm in the FPL. Sarah and I have been talking to Andy (Marche), and hopefully he will be supplying us with a meal. This is also a a potluck dinner. Any (or rather hopefully all) programs that want to participate should bring an appetizer or dessert. Any costs needed to make your food will come from your own program budget (the office isn't supplying extra funds as they did for the WNG). If you would like to participate, please e-mail me what appetizer/ dessert your program will be bringing. Also, there is a 60 person limit on this event, feel free to sign up in the GV office. And lastly, the RLC theme week (Oct 28 - Nov 4) The theme for the week is "democracy and politics." This event has been discussed at Student Ambassador meetings, but still needs some work (feel free to come to the meetings or encourage your program members to come. Tuesdays, 8:00pm in B102). Currently, there is a panel of three Peace Corp volunteers (who worked in Nepal, Malawi, and Belize) coming to discuss the following questions; 1) What does democracy mean to the average (name of country)-ian 2) How democratic is (country name)'s government 3) How is the democracy structured 4) Does the democracy incorporate indigenous traditions 5) Are concepts such as "checks and balances" and "loyal opposition" incorporated into the democracy 6)What are elections like 7) How free are the people to express their own opinions 8) Do you think democracy will further develop in (country name) We were thinking that we could plan the RLC theme week around these questions. If you have any ideas of how your program could relate to these questions, whether it be by giving some sort of presentation, watching a film, or just making posters, please share your ideas. We would love to get more programs directly involved in the theme week. So to summarize it all up; 1) WNG info 2) What food you would like to bring to the Canadian Thanksgiving (if any) 3) Ideas you may have for the RLC theme week (come to the Student Ambassadors meeting!) Also on a side note --> Do you think it would be helpful if we had regular Program Director/ Adviser meetings to discuss/plan/ and collaborate on events? Thanks everyone, -Christian