Please send this type of inquiry directly to the Elections office.

Yes, under federal law the person who was born in Newport is eligible to be registered to vote in Newport if that is the last place he or she resided immediately before moving to Canada.

Please call me to discuss if you have additional questions.

Best, Kathy

Kathleen  S. DeWolfe

Director of Elections & Campaign Finance

Office of the Secretary of State

26 Terrace St.

Montpelier, VT 05609-1101

(802) 828-2304