________________________________

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of donna
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: cREDIT CARDS

We have a credit card system in place for both internet and over the
counter.  The customer pays a percentage of the total charged and a .60
cent site visit each time they charge something.  It works great and has
been popular with the citizens.  The only thing that the city pays is a
monthly $30.00 statement fee which I divide up among the various
departments who use the service.  Anyone can go onto the website of
https://www.municipal-payments.com <https://www.municipal-payments.com/>
and pretend to enter a transaction but don't hit the submit button or
you will be charged.

Any questions, let me know.

My contact is Tom at 607-753-6156.  The company's name is System East
and they are working with Ernie to have the credit card transactions be
downloaded daily and will be connected to the cash receipts system so
there will be no manual entering of the credit card transactions into
the cash receipts program.

Donna

Donna Kinville

City of South Burlington