From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of donna
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: cREDIT CARDS

We have a credit card system in place for both internet and over the counter.  The customer pays a percentage of the total charged and a .60 cent site visit each time they charge something.  It works great and has been popular with the citizens.  The only thing that the city pays is a monthly $30.00 statement fee which I divide up among the various departments who use the service.  Anyone can go onto the website of  https://www.municipal-payments.com and pretend to enter a transaction but don’t hit the submit button or you will be charged.

Any questions, let me know.

My contact is Tom at 607-753-6156.  The company’s name is System East and they are working with Ernie to have the credit card transactions be downloaded daily and will be connected to the cash receipts system so there will be no manual entering of the credit card transactions into the cash receipts program.

Donna

Donna Kinville

City of South Burlington

City Clerk and Treasurer