Mid afternoon on Thursday I saw a lone (but not lonely??) Brant
Juvenile near the boat access of Shelburne Bay. If you are standing
on the rock jutting out from the end of the access parking lot, it
was to the East, nearby just on the other side of the river inlet.
There were also a dozen Bufflehead in the general area.

As a late report for Wednesday, also in the Bay, there were two dozen
Bufflehead, a male Lesser Scaup, 5 Green-winged Teal, and 4 Snow
Buntings landed on the rock while I was standing on it, then chatting
with a tourist who was impressed with the view and ready to get a
picture. When I told her what had just landed nearby, she asked if it
had snowed here (and actually it had snowed a bit the night before).

It's been great to be outdoors today,
Larry Haugh
Shelburne, VT