From: "Ron Payne" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 12:59 PM
Subject: [VTBIRD] Ross' Goose

Yesterday evening I was able to find a single Ross' Goose in amongst about
3,000 or so Snow Geese at the west end of the Dead Creek Goose viewing area.
When I first arrived there at 3:30 the flock was far away from the road
around the pond and working some nearby taller grass. After spending an hour
at the Brilyea access, I came back and they were right up close to the fence
on the west end of the viewing area.

I first picked it up the Ross' in the air noticing it's smaller size as it
moved with a group from one part of the field to another and when it landed
I was able to get a good look at all the field marks.

Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT

Database version: 5.10840

Database version: 5.10840