Friday afternoon I went out to Dead Creek to look for the American Coot following Nancy and Jim's lead.  I found it, but a little south of the bridge.  The best views were from about 100 yards down the access road leading to Brilyea Access from Rt. 17.  At the same spot I also found a male-female Ring-necked Duck pair tightly mixed in with a group of about a dozen Mallards and one lone Green-winged Teal.

Steve Trombulak