Hi all,

 A quick outing this morning:

Shelburne Bay:
1 Greater Yellowlegs left of the big rocky ledge area.

Shelburne Beach:
4 Bufflehead (m)
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker (heard then seen flying)

Charlotte Town Beach:
1 Black-bellied Plover (j) on the exposed gravel area in front of Holmes Creek.
This took some time and critical scrutiny for me to identify this bird as a Black-
bellied Plover. As anyone who has ever tried to identify a shorebird specie
knows, the most difficult one to identify is a bird that is all by itself, which this
one was. There was no other bird, (not even a Killdeer) with this Plover to
compare its' size and markings to. The only other time that I had seen a Black-
bellied Plover juvenile was last fall. I studied this bird for about 30 minutes
before it flew and at that time I could clearly see its' black axillary(wingpit)
and white wing stripe. Only then was I certain that it was a Black-bellied
Plover. Perseverance really paid off for me because this was also a year bird
for me!

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead