passing this on...
Hi Folks,
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead,  I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve
It  Dividend.
To make the math simple, let's assume there are  200,000,000 bona fide U.S.
Citizens 18+.
Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting  every man, woman and child.
So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and  up.
So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion, that  equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We  Deserve It Dividend.
Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.
Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in  taxes.
That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle  Sam.
But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their  pocket.
A husband and wife has $595,000.00.
What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your  family?
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis  solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads.
Put away money for college - it'll be there.
Save in a bank - create money to loan to  entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs.
Invest in the market - capital drives  growth.
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care  improves.
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or  else.

Remember this is for every adult US Citizen 18+ including the  folks who lost
their jobs
at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting  back.
And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.
If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really  do it...instead of
trickling out a puny $1,000.00
economic incentive  that is being proposed by one of our candidates for
President.
If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out  every adult U S
Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being  American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and  clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG  doesn't.
Sure it's a crazy idea, but it can work!
But can you  imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!
How do you spell Economic  Boom?
I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the  $85 Billion.
We Deserve that Dividend more than the geniuses at AIG or  in Washington DC.