On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:17:04 -0400, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bottom Line: Rain showers will mix and change to snow showers above 2,500ft
>on Thursday night, with a trace to 2" accumulation expected above 3,000ft by
>noon Friday especially north of 89.  At MRG and Sugarbush, I do think the
>summits see flakes though if I was looking for any real accumulation at all
>I'd head towards Mansfield/Jay where the cold is a little deeper.

This morning's NWS discussion seems to agree..

AS FLOW
TRANSITIONS TO WESTERLY AND DIRECTIONAL SHEAR DECREASES...SOME
EHNANCEMENT OF SHOWERS OFF LK ONTARIO SHOULD OCCUR...ESP GIVEN
RELATIVELY LARGE WATER-AIR DELTA-T VALUES WELL IN EXCESS OF CRITICAL
THRESHOLDS. AS MID LVL TEMPS FALL TO 0C OR SLIGHTLY BELOW...SOME MIX
WITH WET SNOW POSSBL ACROSS HIGHER PEAKS (MAINLY NRN MTNS ABV 2500
FT) OVERNIGHT THURSDAY/FRIDAY.

-Scott