I'm still looking at snow late tonight and tomorrow through noon above
3,000ft.  Below is the NWS discussion issued this afternoon and I agree with
all of it.  We'll have a 500mb vort max and shortwave moving across Lake
Ontario late tonight and tomorrow morning.  New model guidance has this
producing up to .25" of liquid along the northern Green Mtn spine between
6am-noon.  The timing of this feature is such that it'll occur during the
diurnal temperature minimum.

I'm going to stick with trace - 2" above 3,000ft by noon tomorrow.  If one
were to head up looking for white grass turns, I'd head up as high as
possible...and the further north you go, the better chance of appreciable
snowfall (Whiteface and Jay have the best shot at >2").  Mid-late morning
would probably be the best time.

From the NWS this afternoon...

SHORT TERM /6 AM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...
-- Changed Discussion --
AS OF 400 PM EDT THURSDAY...PRECIPITATION ASSOCIATED WITH LAKE
ENHANCED BAND SHOULD SPREAD ACROSS MOST OF NORTHERN NEW YORK AND
VERMONT DURING THE MORNING HOURS OF FRIDAY AS POTENT SHORTWAVE
CONTINUES TO ROUND THE BASE OF THE TROUGH. MID LEVEL TEMPS FALL
CONSIDERABLY BELOW FREEZING SO FEEL THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD CHANCE
THAT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS...MAINLY ABOVE 3000 FEET...WILL SEE A
RAIN/SNOW MIX...CHANGING TO ALL SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON WITH SOME
LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS. AGAIN THIS WILL MAINLY BE ABOVE 3000 FEET...
WITH NO SNOW EXPECTED AT THE SURFACE LEVEL.

-Scott