Indeed, There aren't many places that sell the Pulse. And there are fewer places that have the Winter Kit in stock. After initially considering Backcountry.com, but finding the Winter Kit out of stock, I resorted to BackcountryGear.com. Perhaps not the same level of customer service but nevertheless quite good. I measured my head and trusted in the return policy--worked out for me!

The Pulse has on-the-fly venting for the front three vents and plugs for the remainder. It also has "spin wheel adjustment" and headlamp clips.

Thanks to Lou Dawson, Technogurtls and Evan's Chris for feedback that provided me with the information I felt I needed to pull the trigger.