Well, it has never made sense for me to buy a Stowe pass, but, I can say
that my Utah days last year were of THE BEST AND DEEPEST snow I've ever
skied, day after day. We skied a lot of fresh snow, and at ~$50 per day, it
was quite a value.

This year I'm planning to ski 10-12 days in Utah, and it will cost me about
$700 in lift tix...more than twice that of my Greek Peak pass and worth every
cent.

Must have the local pass so I can ski after work when it snows and get
discounts at Gore and Whiteface when I travel.

My weekend at Stowe for the Skivt-L Partee costs me more per day than any
other ski day all season long (if you factor in lodging, food, transp, lift tix). It
is fun because it is a "different" kind of ski adventure. Stowe is a great
mountain, but it has priced me out for the most part.

This is why I stay in NY more these days for eastern skiing.

-Sharon