On Oct 25, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Denis Bogan wrote:
> I do like some of the outrageously stupid modern cartoons.  Ever see
> Beavis & Butthead do America?
Cartoons. A subject I can really sink my teeth into.

Yes, When it came out, in movie theaters. Also saw their debut, "Frog
Baseball," at Spike & Mike's Sick&Twisted festival back in '92.

I Have a Ren & Stimpy T-Shirt, too -- but who doesn't, you sick little
monkeys.

We are working on owning the entire Disney catalog, from Oswald the
Lucky Rabbit and Steamboat Willie through Ratatouille. Last night, we
watched a couple of 1956 Humphrey the Bear shorts, and the Saga of
Windwagon Smith (1961). This morning, it was Mickey Mouse's Playhouse
followed by the last half of Kim Possible in "So the Drama" on the
Disney Channel and Toon Disney.

Speaking of Pixar, I saw "Red's Dream" debut at SIGGRAPH in 1987
(Anaheim, of course), their second short. The first, "Luxo Junior"
premiered the year before at SIGGRAPH 86 -- which I did not attend --
but I saw a lot of it at the 1987 conference, too. I've met or heard
speak John Lasseter, Ed Catmull, Alvy Ray Smith, Loren Carpenter, and
Rob Cook

But why watch when you can make? As far as William knows, my job at
UVM is to make cartoons. And I have. See

http://www.uvm.edu/~animate/index.php?dir=1999-09-Fall-Prototype

especially

http://www.uvm.edu/~animate/index.php?Action=embed_stream&dir=1999-09-Fall-Prototype&movie=Final.mov

Old hipsters will catch the (counter) cultural reference there. Also,
if you poke around that site enough, you'll see some early Meathead
Geoff Mcdonald work and even a William production.

| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-???-????  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |