Wednesday, October 29th, 2008:  6:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT

New Snow: 0.5 inches
Temperature:  34.9 F
Humidity:  78%
Wind:  Calm
Sky:  Flurries
Cumulative storm snow total:  0.5 inches
Current snow at the stake:  Trace
Season snowfall total:  0.5 inches

I first saw snowfall at the house yesterday at around 7:50 P.M.; the rain had changed over and the air temperature was 35.4 F.  It snowed lightly until I went to bed, and this morning there was a half inch on the snowboard with the grass covered with an uneven coating of white.  There were still flurries in the air with a temperature of 34.9 F, and the lowest value recorded by the thermometer since yesterday evening was 34.7 F.  As I traveled through the Richmond area this morning they appeared to have a more substantial coating of snow than we had in Waterbury, however here in Burlington there is no snow on the ground.

J.Spin