Offshore of downtown Alburg today (11/2), there was a flock of ~2500 scaup
(both Greater and Lesser).  Also ~200 C. Goldeneye, and ~300 Canada
Geese.  A few other species mixed in, but I couldn't pick out anything out
of the ordinary.  Most of the birds were sleeping while I was there, so it
was details were somewhat obscured.  However, it would make a nice target
for something unusual.

On Rt. 78 along Charcoal Creek, there was a nice flock of 200 dabbling
ducks, probably concentrated along the road as a result of hunting further
north in the refuge.  Black Ducks, Mallards, Green-winged Teal, and N.
Pintails.

Allan

Allan M. Strong
University of Vermont
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
347 Aiken Center
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-2910