I guess I should clarify a little more on the Pacific Loon after re-
reading the previously poorly written email.  I thought the loon was
likely a Juvenile because of the lack of a clearly defined chin
strap.  The bird can be found when looking North at the nearby shore
with houses from the parking lot at the end of the access road off of
South Hero.  The bird spent most of its time underwater and patience
is required to find it.  We lost the bird after a while but it could
well have surfaced in the huge scaup flock or on the other side of the
point we were looking at.  The bird is most likely in that same area
and I'm guessing that a search tomorrow requiring some careful
scanning will be able to pick it up.  The friendly kayaker did not
scare the bird at all.

*And yes the total for the list should be 55 because I missed Northern
Harrier.  Which is very close to the November Big Day total, something
which could easily be broken.

-Tom Ford-Hutchinson