Hi David,

Good seeing you this morning at Charlotte Town Beach. I actually felt
your concern, as I threatened to collapse into your arms as I began my
ascent from the beach with scope in hand! I didn't really think I would
fall - but those stones certainly looked as though they might have been
slippery....

Anyway, I think the photos you posted of the Cave Swallow are excellent
- unequivocal evidence that the bird was indeed a Cave and not some
impossibly late Cliff Swallow.  I tried to download the photos for my
file of "rare birds seen" - but apparently I don't presently qualify as
"a friend," although I think we are indeed friends (otherwise you would
have been willing to allow me to fall on my nose as  I lugged my scope
up from the beach). So, if you can forward me one of the better photos
that I can download, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm not into
collecting tons of gorgeous photos, but I would certainly like having a
reminder of this brave little bird defying the odds here in
about-to-be-wintry Vermont.

Thanks so much.

Pat