With rifle season ending in just a few hours, I thought I'd come out of my
bunker and see who's still around. Starting at the Johns River on the east side
of Memphremagog and working my way to the Canadian border on the west
side, scoping at the few spots still not private property, I found:

7 Canada Goose
12 Mallards
11 Ring necked Ducks
1 White-winged Scoter (1st winter male )
75 Common Goldeneye
10 Common Merganser
26 Hooded Merganser
5 Common Loon
1 Pied-billed Grebe ( getting late for him)
21 Herring Gulls
7 Great Black-backed Gulls

At the land fill ( dump) south of Newport I had three raptors:
Bald Eagle ( adult)
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk

Back home in Lyndonville at noon the first Evening Grosbeaks arrived at the
feeders. Last winter over a hundred visited at a time for almost a month,
consuming 350 lbs. of black oil sun flower seed.

6 Wild Turkey
24 Mourning Dove
7 Evening Grosbeaks