Spent much of the weekend working in my yard on Brigham Hill in Essex. Amongst the many red tailed hawks passing by throughout Saturday and Sunday, I spotted two separate GOLDEN EAGLES.

Saw the first bird Saturday @ noon. It was a subadult, with a distinct white patch on either wing at the base of the primaries and a creamy white tail with dark terminal band. It was very big, but less plank like than a bald eagle. Also, it's head was less than half the length of it's tail. The bird quartered above my house turning lazy but steady circles before trimming sails and heading south.

Sunday at @ 3pm, I saw another golden eagle - this one an adult - following virtually he same flight path as the bird the day before. All dark except for occasional glimpses of creamy golden nape catching the sun. Great lighting.

I had my binoculars handy - and enjoyed some long, crisp looks at these magnificent birds.

Rick Renaud, Online Store Manager
v: 802.660.3500 ext 5352 | f: 802.660.3501 | e:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
 <http://www.gardeners.com/> www.gardeners.com   www.dutchgardens.com <http://www.dutchgardens.com/>