We've passed a foot of accumulation for this event down here in Waterbury (495'), with much of it coming overnight.  As of ~8:00 A.M. the snowfall rate has slowed down here to about 0.5 inches/hour, but it's still snowing.  Some of the local ski areas have reported in with their snowfall this morning, here are the 24-hour accumulations I've seen:

Jay Peak:  4 inches (5:30 A.M.)

Stowe:  10 inches (6:15 A.M.)

Mad River Glen:  6 inches (8:00 A.M.)

Sugarbush:   8 inches (7:41 A.M.)

Killington:  3 inches

My back yard observations and a couple of pictures from this morning are below:

Saturday, November 22nd, 2008:  1:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT

New Snow: 3.6 inches

Liquid Equivalent:  0.06 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 60

Snow Density:  1.7%

Temperature:  19.9 F

Humidity:  80%

Dew Point:  12.7 F

Barometer:  30.21 in. Hg

Wind:  Calm

Sky:  Snow

Storm snow total:  5.2 inches

Storm liquid equivalent total:  0.09 inches

Current snow at the stake:  5 inches

Season snowfall total:  7.5 inches

After clearing the snowboard at 7:00 P.M., 0.8 inches had accumulated by 10:00 P.M., 1.8 inches had accumulated by 11:00 P.M., and 3.6 inches had accumulated by 1:00 P.M., so weíve been running just shy of an inch per hour for the last three hours.

Saturday, November 22nd, 2008:  7:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT

New Snow: 6.0 inches

Liquid Equivalent:  0.15 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 40

Snow Density:  2.5%

Temperature:  18.1 F

Humidity:  85%

Dew Point:  12.7 F

Barometer:  30.24 in. Hg

Wind:  Calm

Sky:  Snow

Storm snow total:  11.2 inches

Storm liquid equivalent total:  0.24 inches

Current snow at the stake:  8 inches

Season snowfall total:  13.5 inches

The power of the Green Mountains hadnít really descended on our house so far this season, but that changed overnight last night starting at around 10:00 P.M.  We picked up 2.8 inches of snow between 10:00 P.M. and 1:00 A.M. putting the snowfall rate at ~0.93 inches/hour, and the between 1:00 A.M. and 7:00 A.M. we picked up 6.0 inches of snow for a rate that was spot on at 1.0 inches/hour.  Itís extremely fluffy 40:1 stuff, and Iím more confident in this density measurement than the more minimal accumulations since there were six inches to work with and I took two cores.

J.Spin

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.