We peaked out at about 450 print journal titles a few years ago.  We are now down to just over 200, and we are moving about 70 more titles to e-only for 2009.  In the past, we had been placing an appropriately labelled dummy book in our journal shelves to show when a journal moved to e-only.  I was wondering how others might be dealing with this to help users who browse the shelves.  Of course there is no indication on the shelves of the other 4000+ e-journals that we now have access to that were never in print.  We are constantly working to get people to use our OPAC, etc., rather than browsing the shelves, but changing old habits is slow.  Thanks.

--Tom
***
Thomas B. Craig, MSLS, Director of Library Services
Watson W. Wise Medical Research Library
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
[formerly The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler]
903-877-2864
***
This message may contain confidential information and should not be
forwarded or otherwise shared without the permission of the sender.
Thoughts and opinions are those of the sender and are not meant to represent the University of Texas.***