This Friday, December 12, we welcome Charles MacLean, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine.  We will meet in the conference room at 371 Pearl Street at noon.  Please see Dr. MacLean's note below.

Colleagues,

The Vermont Blueprint for Health is a public-private initiative to implement a series of interventions based on the Chronic Care Model to improve the health of the population, particularly for those with chronic health conditions. The Patient Centered Medical Home-Community Care Team Pilot (PCMH pilot) is one of these interventions, and includes: 1) incentive payments to practices for the reorganization of primary care along the PCMH scale developed by NCQA, and 2) deployment of a multidisciplinary Community Care Team (CCT) to expand the scope of services easily accessible by patients.

Thank you for taking the time to review this document for discussion on December 12, 2008. The goals of this session will be:
1.    To familiarize our colleagues and students with the design of the project;
2.    To seek input on evaluation priorities;
3.    To offer opportunities for collaboration.

I would ask you to read through the outline prior to the December 12 seminar and come with research questions that you think are feasible, interesting, novel, ethical and relevant.

Debi Henry
Admin. Assist. to B. Littenberg, MD & C. MacLean, MD
General Internal Medicine Research
371 Pearl Street
Telephone:  802-847-8268
Fax Number:  802-847-0319