-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryant Patten
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Untangle gateway

{Since the discussion seems to be continuing on-list, I will respond
that way}

Hey Vince -

   I haven't had done any setups with differentiated filtering that
wasn't by IP.  I believe it is designed to work relatively easily if
you have an active directory server.  You can set up several different
virtual racks - one for each group but I haven't checked that with the
new 6.0 version or whether it is included with the new Educational
Discount Pack.

  I would recommend that you post your question to the Untangle
forums.  They are free and have been quite responsive to my questions.

  Finally, I am setting up a webinar training for Vermont educators
with some Untangle personnel for January.  Let me know if you would
like to participate and ask your question directly.  There has been
some discussion of having an Untangle training session the afternoon
before FOSSVT (which is April 10th) where people could set up and
configure an Untangle server.  Any interest?

Bryant

believed to be clean.