The subject of psychology clearly includes the study of social relations and how they become internalized in the mind.

MB

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm going to be terse here because I could quickly get out of my depth.

What _is_ "The Subject" of psychology? What does it study.

We can presume that the brain, at a deep level, operates the same  in
different contexts. (Or can we?) But is there such a thing as "the mind"
in abstracton from the social relaitions in which the personis enmeshed?

Carrol

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science
Adjunct Professor of Journalism,