Au contraire -- the methane is burned to CO2, a far less potent greenhouse gas.  It's unburned flats that are the problem.  With a bit of tubing and some plastic bags, those of us who are most green could save them for future use -- to power a vehicle, or fuel a stove or furnace.  Or best of all, to run a cogenerator that produces both heat and electricity.  "Be a smarter farter..."

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:17:41 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Liposunctioning our fuel
To: [log in to unmask]

I'm not happy about the extra methane boost, that could contribute to global warming.

I think we need to search for alternative, non-invasive procedures. Why not hitch our cars up to teams of fat people? We convert their calories to energy and they lose weight, a win-win situation.

With apologies to any fat people on this list, although in my view obesity is a moral issue--especially in fat-laden countries like the United States.

MB