Friday, December 12th, 2008:  6:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT

New Snow: 1.2 inches

Liquid Equivalent:  0.12 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10

Snow Density:  10.0%

Temperature:  24.4 F

Humidity:  91%

Dew Point:  21.2 F

Barometer:  29.83 in. Hg

Wind:  Calm

Sky:  Light Snow

Storm snow total:  7.3 inches

Storm liquid equivalent total:  0.96 inches

Current snow at the stake:  10 inches

Season snowfall total:  39.2inches

When I was leaving Burlington at around 4:30 P.M. it was snowing lightly, and that continued and even intensified during the trip to Waterbury.  We’d picked up 1.2 inches of additional snow during the day, and after I cleared the board at 6:00 P.M. we picked up another 0.4 inches to bring the storm total to 7.7 inches.

We headed up to Bolton to do a little night skiing and check out all the new snow, and it was snowing lightly to moderately the whole time.  The snow up there is pretty nice, there is a bit of crust between the earlier powder and the latest stuff, but the crust isn’t really too thick and you can bust through it fairly easily.  In some places enough new snow had accumulated that we didn’t even touch down to the crust, but it depended on where the latest round of snow had collected.

J.Spin

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.