Hello,

I have been given the task of helping define a board level ethics
committee that will deal with ethical problems outside of medical problems
(those will be given a sub-committee specially geared to that task). We
are expanding the scope and role of the ethics committee. We will need a
good definition of what ethics is in this case -  more in the line of a
business ethics committee.  What are your hospital institutions using as
your definition of "ethics." in this scenario.  Do you have an board level
ethics policy or procedure you could share with us?  We are NOT looking
for medical ethics committee information.

Also we are interested what are the 5 top subject opinions that this type
of ethics board, if you have one, has reviewed?  For instance,
advertising, purchasing issues, etc.  A table of contents if you can share
would be be very helpful.

Thank-you in advance,

Halyna

Halyna Liszczynskyj, BS, MLS
Director of Library Services
St. Elizabeth Medical Center
2209 Genesee Street
Utica, NY  13501
(315) 798-8381  Office
(315) 734-4499  Fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient (s) of this message, please contact the sender by return e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank-you.