There is a website that discusses the medicine behind House. See it
at http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html
I found a book on the subject, too: Holtz, Andrew, Medical Sciencce
of House, M.D., Berkley, 2006, ISBN 978-0-4525212301, US$17.50.

Judy

At 08:07 AM 12/5/2008, Blackwell, Lisa wrote:
>I wonder if there are any other medical librarians out there who are in
>the habit of researching the story lines behind House? I had so much fun
>(especially the first 2 seasons) tracking down the obscure case reports
>that the writers used to inform the story line. Needless to say, not all
>of my (non-librarian) friends are as enthralled with my hobby but it
>does make for some great conversations with the medical staff here in
>the hospital!
>
>Lisa S. Blackwell, MLS
>Serials/Reference Librarian
>Nationwide Childrens Hospital
>ph: 614-722-3206
>fax: 614-722-3205

Judith A. Siess, B.A., M.A., M.S.L.I.S.
INFORMATION BRIDGES INTERNATIONAL, INC.   /I\B/I\
830 Sedgegrass Drive, Champaign, IL 61822-2024 USA
voice: +1-217-355-9071, fax: +1-217-355-9072, email: [log in to unmask],
on the web at http://www.ibi-opl.com AND NOW BLOGGING at
http://opls.blogspot.com/
Publisher and Editor of The One-Person Library: A Newsletter for
Librarians and Management
Out Front with Stephen Abram: A Guide for Information Leaders, ALA
Editions, 2007, ISBN-13: 978-0-8389-0932-4
The New OPL Sourcebook: A Guide for Solo and Small Libraries,
Information Today, Inc., 2006, ISBN 1-57387-241-5
The Essential OPL, 1998-2004: The Best of Seven Years of The
One-Person Library: A Newsletter for Librarians and Management,
      Scarecrow Press, 2005, ISBN 0-8108-5429-5
The Visible Librarian: Asserting Your Value With Marketing and
Advocacy, ALA Editions, 2003, ISBN 0-8389-0848-9
Time Management, Planning and Prioritization for Librarians,
Scarecrow Press, 2002, ISBN 0-8108-4438-9