Well, considering this story from today's London Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/dec/03/congo-text-message-amputation

maybe he wasn't so off base...!!!   I suppose it's better he looked up the
procedure and wanted to do it "by the book" instead of winging it...  Eek.

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Supervisor, Knowledge Resource Library