Dear Friends:  I have been asked for statistics on the incidence of depression
from 1970-present. I have searched in PubMed of course and have a few articles
describing the increase in depression, but no neat statistics.  I also tried
Google which led to several other sites, but I'm getting statistics of the
number of women, teenagers in the present, but no historical statistics.  I
must be missing some source, but can't figure it out.  Or maybe there aren't
any?  Thanks in advance!

                                        Jean Richards
                                        Medical Librarian
                                        Saratoga Hospital