Just toying with an idea here...  I'm a solo, and hitting the wall.  Adding
a staff position is not going to happen.  But I sure wish I could offload
some of the ILL work.  The flow is erratic (one day, there are five
requests, the next day, it's thirty five...).  The vast majority of all
transactions are purely electronic.  So I'm wondering if it might be
feasible to set up a position filled by a contracted person, working
remotely / from home, paid on an hourly basis, who checks in on requests
daily, fills what there is, and is paid accordingly.  Anyone done anything
like this?  One concern would be effect on turnaround time and timely
response - if the person fills all ILL requests in the morning and signs
off, how do I cover urgent / other stuff that comes in later in the day?
I'm just thinking out loud, here... any thoughts?

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Supervisor, Knowledge Resource Library