In a previous life as a public librarian one of our reference sources sent out a special alert every Mon. morning with citations for information of condition covered in latest Marcus Welby.  It seems that people were calling public libraries concerned just as your patron.  The reference service used the alert as part of their sales pitch.

Paul Deane
Medical Librarian
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
Medical Library
800 Biesterfield
Elk Grove, IL 60007
847-437-5500 X4750
847-981-5922 Fax

Have you used Clin-eguide, our new evidence-based
clinical support tool?  Ask us for details to login.

>>> "Foster, Jan" <[log in to unmask]> 12/4/2008 3:38 PM >>>
Years and years ago, when Marcus Welby MD was on TV (you younger
librarians won't remember that!) a woman often called our library the
day after Welby aired, fearing that she might have the previous night's
disease. But she must have read a bit, too, because my favorite was her
concern that she could have a bad case of "re-TEE-na of the eye" (retina
of the eye).

Jan Foster, Librarian
Carondelet Health

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.