Hello again,

I feel that I need to clarify my previous query concerning hospitals using social networking.
By social networking I mean - wikis, blogs, Second Life, MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
My query is whether or not the hospitals as a whole use these avenues as a means of outreach to patients and the community as a whole for advertising, announcements, programming, etc.
At this point in time, I am NOT interested as to whether or not hospital libraries have access to social networking sites. I am well aware of the barriers many of us face with our IT departments in this regard, so please do not send me a dissertation about the trials and tribulations on this subject. We'll leave that for another day...

Thanks,

Katherine Stemmer Frumento, MLS, MBA, AHIP
Director, Library Services
Greenwich Hospital
5 Perryridge Road
Greenwich, CT 06830
203-863-3285 (v)
203-863-4522 (f)

Be the first penguin - attempt hard things without worrying about failure

This message originates from Yale New Haven Health System.  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.  If you are the intended recipient, you must maintain this message in a secure and confidential manner.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.  Thank you.