I have no problem with them asking for surgical procedure info. I have one surgeon who routinely calls every couple of months  for procedures on some obscure procedure or another coming up in the next couple of weeks scheduling.  At another locale, we had a doc who called from the OR routinely for procedure info stat.  They couldn't have all been surprises, and most of them were not obscure surgeries.  He was on the bottom of my list of "who to call if I need a surgeon."

Madeleine Taylor, MLS
Medical Librarian
Health Sciences Library
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center
703 Main Street
Paterson, NJ  07503
Voice: 973-754-3590
Fax: 973-754-3593
Email: library @ sjhmc.org
http://www.sjrmclibrary.org

Important news about our email communication:

As of April 16, 2007 we have replaced our secure keyword email encryption policy with an automatic encryption policy.
To learn more about this policy or to learn how to access a secure message that was sent to you copy and paste this link into your web browser:

http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/sites/index.php?b=588&type=1&p=2